Welcome to 14th Multidisciplinary Conference on Sinkholes and the Engineering and Environmental Impacts of Karst
The Proceedings of the 14th Sinkhole Conference are now published online here.
This highly successful interdisciplinary biennial conference series is the most important international meeting that concentrates on the practical application of karst science. It serves as a means for geologists, engineers, and geographers, who study how and where karst develops and how sinkholes form, to interact with engineers and planners, who apply this information to building and maintaining society’s infrastructure while protecting our environment. Conference topics include: Karst Development & Mapping, Pro-Active and Remedial Engineering in Karst Terrain, Karst Water Resource Management. Optional Short Courses and field trips on Minnesota karst will be offered on October 5 and 6, 2015, respectively.
The 14th Sinkhole Conference is organized by:
Sponsors of the 14th Sinkhole Conference include:
The 14th Sinkhole Conference Topics
- Applications of Geophysics to Karst Investigations
- Engineering and Geotechnical Aspects of Karst
- GIS, Databases, and Mapping of Karst Terranes
- Investigation, Monitoring, and Remediation in Karst
- Management, Regulation, and Education Approaches in Karst Regions
- Karst Hydrology and Hydrogeology
- Regional Studies of Sinkholes and Karst in the Upper Mississippi Valley
- Health Issues Related to Karst
- Economics of Sinkhole Hazards