What is DeepKarst 2016 all about?
Hypogenic karst is formed by deep, rising waters, creating distinct types of caves and related features. Much remains to be learned about this new and exciting field, which has direct application to geologists, engineers, hydrologists, land managers and planners, and oil and gas professionals.
Topics for the conference include
- Variations in hypogene development.
- Refined identification and interpretation of hypogenic features.
- Hypogene water resources.
- Hypogene mineral resources.
- Hypogene oil and gas reservoirs: prediction and production.
- Geohazards associated with hypogenic processes.
- Environmental vulnerability mapping in hypogene karst.
- Hypogene fauna: Do diagnostic species exist?