GIS Unit Mission
- Ensure fidelity and accessibility of data and derived products.
- Minimize the time researchers need to spend on DM and compliance issues.
- Ensure data and metadata are accessible locally and broadly.
- Ensure data and metadata are archived, curated, and published in a timely manner.
- Promote a culture of data sharing.
We will focus our efforts on collaborative projects with students and faculty who are engaged in research in the issues surrounding environmental sustainability. To date, projects include converting an archival collection to a geodatabase, enhancing a PhD dissertation with a mapping service, and the C-IMAGE grant. Please feel free to contact us to obtain information or suggest a new collaboration.