Tuberculosis, training, field investigator
- Develop interviewing and communication skills needed to assist in eliciting health information to assist in a tuberculosis disease outbreak investigation.
- Course skills are adaptable to other health settings.
- Review fundamentals of nonverbal and verbal communication.
- Understand fundamentals of Interviewing Techniques:
- Concepts of Bias.
- Importance of Identifying Unusual Occurrences.
- Importance of Maintaining Cultural Sensitivity, Confidentiality and Ethics during interviewing.
Scholar Commons Citation
Center for Leadership in Public Health Practice, "Tuberculosis FIRST (Field Investigator Response and Surveillance Training)" (2016). Preparedness and Emergency Response Learning Center. Paper 7.