Tobacco Free Florida, TFF, Students Working against Tobacco, SWAT, tobacco-free, tobacco coaltions, tobacco partnerships
The Tobacco Free Florida Coalition training is aimed at Bureau of Tobacco Free Florida (BTFF) grantees and their Tobacco Free Florida partners. It is structured as a dialogue, rather than a monologue, and places heavy emphasis on facilitator-guided group activities. Participants will create customized and useable documents as a result of the activities, which will lay the foundation for your coalition’s ongoing work. Through a combination of instructor-led presentations and hands-on group activities, participants in the Tobacco Free Florida Coalition training will learn to achieve the following objectives.
- Identify internal and external resources and partners in your community.
- Define five policy areas that Community Intervention Grantees, in collaboration w/ the County Tobacco Free Partnership and Students Working Against Tobacco, are working towards within their respective counties.
- Identify your community’s needs and relate them to the five policy areas.
- Determine key resources.
- Identify tools to evaluate the success of your coalition.
- Assess your coalition’s current state, determine goals, and develop plans to achieve those goals.
- Apply the Coalition Capabilities Planning Model to building and/or strengthening your coalition.
- Identify strategies to build and sustain collaborative partnerships among internal and external partners in your community.
- Identify strategies for implementing recommendations identified in your coalition’s evaluations.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 License
Scholar Commons Citation
Center for Leadership in Public Health Practice, "Tobacco Free Florida Coalition Training" (2013). Preparedness and Emergency Response Learning Center. Paper 1.
Additional FilesTFF Coalition Day 1.pptx (6738 kB)
This is the PowerPoint presentation for the first day of the two-day training.
TFF Coalition Day 2.pptx (3156 kB)
This is the PowerPoint presentation for the second day of the two-day training.